Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ms. Clinton's Common Sense

Hillary Clinton's new 3 AM add is absurd! The first one, about a foreign policy crises was plausible, unlikely, but possible. This newest add is dumb! The U.S. markets are all closed at 3 am. Any person with common sense can say... if its closed, there wont be a crisis.


“Home foreclosures mounting, markets teetering … Hillary Clinton has a plan to protect our homes, create jobs. It’s 3 a.m., time for a president who’s ready.” (Fox)


There is no way in a month of Sundays that the president is going to get a call at 3 am about foreclosure! The economy cannot be regulated by the president anyway.

I'm happy to see McCain mocking this ad.

Then again Hillar-ity has no common sense, she proved that by claiming ignorance about her whoremongering husband.

4 comments:

Amelia said...

I find your last sentence irrelavant and mean. The end.

Anonymous said...

Well I don't think any of the candidates are going to do much of anything. As I look back on the last 8 years I don't remember anything big changing in my life. Yes, there have been big issues (ex. 9/11, rising gas prices, Katrina) But I can't remember the govt, as a hole, doing anything to make my life better or worse. And, I got one more itch I can't scratch. If all these senators are not in the senate, there not getting paid are they? Because if I miss work for long periods of time two things typically happen; 1. Don't get paid 2. I get fired. And when the next job I apply for finds out I missed work for days on end; they don't hire me. But I digress and could be wrong.

Amelia said...

The thing about Congresses, Colt, is that they are not always in session. That's just how they operate. You can't really, as a Senator, run a re-election campaign, and try to (competently) pass laws. It's not like these people are just...not going to work. It's kinda built into their jobs.

In case you didn't know that? I couldn't tell for sure by your comment.

Anonymous said...

I agree with amelia, plus I find it hypocritical after you said that something McCain did in the past with regard to his wife was completely irrelevant to the race on her blog.

Also you said something a while back that stuck in my head. It was on Female Impersonator's thread on Black History Month, you said since slavery ended and women won the right to vote before any of us were born, we should call it even. At the time I didn't have anything more to say than "racism didn't end with slavery" but now I have some examples. I recommend the second and third articles to start with. Basically, they say that the wealth gap explains the achievement gap between the races, and the wealth gap is due to a long history of racist practices, such as redlining (giving mortgages - which mean home equity which means wealth - only to people who live in white neighborhoods). I'm not writing this out of an obsession with arguing, I honestly think it's important that you realize that if black people are poor it's not because they're just lazy and that the antiracist movement isn't about avenging slaves, it's about rectifying current wrongs. We're definitely not all even now.