Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm Sick of Politics and Pop Culture

Am I the only one? Every time I turn the news on, It seems like some new popstar has endorsed a candidate or something. If you are so ill-informed as to seriously vote for a person because some actor or musician told you to, do me a favor and don't vote. Why are people so obsessed with this stuff? Hillary or Barack or McCain are 6th cousins to some celebrity who I don't care about? Find some news that is relevant to report, please! Along with that, these celebrities are among the worst America-haters. They should go live somewhere else and then come back and tell us how bad the country is. I agree, not everything this nation does is good, or right, but I also think that this is the greatest country on earth to live in. There are so many rights and freedoms that we still have. I can think for myself, I do not need pop culture to do it for me.

4 comments:

Amelia said...

The problem is that Americans often have a difficult time educating themselves about politics, but pop culture is so readily accessible it's not even funny.

I agree, people should not vote for a candidate because of a celebrity endorsement, but there are reasons why Americans are extra-receptive to what celebrities say.

Also, just because people feel that America really needs to get its act together doesn't mean they HATE America. And there's no reason they should have to move away.

Anonymous said...

The Dixie Chicks should get the Hell out.

Rachel said...

I agree with Geoff.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jezable.